How to Access Services in NJ Children’s System of Care
The New Jersey Children’s System of Care covers all 21 counties with 15 Care Management Organizations operating within a single county or across a region covering multiple counties. Each local system is comprised of the same elements:
Key Players in the System of Care
- PerformCare is the single point of access to obtain any behavioral health, substance abuse and developmental disability services available publicly throughout New Jersey for youth ages 5 – 21.
- Call PerformCare at 1-877-652-7624 to access services, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Referrals must be made by phone through the youth’s parent or legal guardian.
- PerformCare will conduct an assessment and link the youth and family with the services they need in the most appropriate setting such as care management, outpatient services or mobile response stabilization services.
- Services are available to the family in a cost effective manner and without regard to income level, insurance status, languages spoken, or involvement with other systems.
- In case of emergency call 911.
- Care Management Organization (CMO) provides care management services for youth and families with complex needs. The Camden County Partnership for Children is the CMO for Camden County.
- Mobile Response and Stabilization Service (MRSS) are provided to youth who exhibit challenges that may jeopardize their current living arrangements. MRSS provides face-to-face crisis response within one hour of notification with the goals of de-escalating the crisis, maintaining safety and assessing the need for stabilization.
- Family Support Organization (FSO) employs Family Support Partners with parental/caregiver experience dealing with children who have emotional or behavioral challenges. All families enrolled in the Camden County Partnership for Children are offered an FSO Parent Support Partner to provide peer support, education, and advocacy to ensure families can obtain appropriate services.
- Local providers of care and community support organizations
Overview of the New Jersey System of Care
Presione aqui para obtener informacion sobre PerformCare en Español.